There is no doubt that tracksuits are no longer a sports accessory but rather an essential piece of kit. When football teams are training they now wear a training tracksuit that defines the team image and sponsorship, if any. This applies right across the sporting spectrum, from team games to athletics. At any field and track meeting the competitors will all be wearing tracksuits when they are not actually competing in an event.
The same applies to football teams who are more often seen in their tracksuits than their football kits. We could cross reference this against any other sport and the same applies. The popularity of tracksuits as essential sports kit is unquestionable and they must rate as the most desirable piece of sports kit on the market bridging all sporting disciplines. As regards professional sports teams, especially football teams, their tracksuits are also a vehicle for branding and sponsorship promotions so are treated as respectfully as the kit in terms of image promotion and marketing. In practical terms track suits provide effective clothing for training sessions as they are warm, waterproof and aerated.
Outside of the sporting world there are growing numbers of ordinary citizens whose preferential clothing wear are tracksuits. For whatever reason people are buying tracksuits as general clothing and for many they are a fashion statement. The walking fraternity who buy tracksuits are less concerned with style and design than comfort. For them the tracksuit is a functional clothing item they require comfort, flexibility and rain proofing in their tracksuits and are less concerned with fashionable looks though you cannot discount some degree of this consideration when purchasing the clothing. Almost all tracksuits that you might view either on line or in sales catalogues are attractive from every point of view; they are well designed have intricate colour combinations are styled fashionably and are reasonably priced. They can be imitation copies of football team tracksuits or bespoke one off tracksuits. The one common feature is that they look very good and represent excellent value to the consumer whatever reason they might have for wearing a tracksuit.
Tracksuits have become more of a fashion icon since celebrities have been filmed wearing them socially and not just for jogging and exercise activities. Even politicians have been photographed wearing tracksuits. This all suggests that they have become socially acceptable as every day clothing wear and rate highly as fashion icons as well as essential sports wear.
Archive for December, 2006
1. Always wear cotton sports clothing. Synthetics can be harsh and abrasive and they do not breathe.
2. Wash all sports wear before wearing. Washing helps to soften the material.
3. Use an elastic bandage to cover areas like thighs, if you are very overweight. The fabric will shield the skin. Make sure the bandage is tight enough that it does not move against the skin. Some runners find an adhesive bandage over irritated nipples helps.
4. Tight sports clothing like stretch fabric athletic tights or bike shorts fit snugly and cause no friction. The stretch fabric makes them comfortable to wear.
5. If your sports uniform is synthetic, try wearing cotton underneath. Cotton underwear can protect your skin from the harsher synthetic material.
6. Sometimes you just have to throw away the outfit. Synthetic material is long lasting but if it is causing chafing and you do a lot of sport, it is not worth the pain and possible infection.
7. Petroleum jelly can act as a lubricant on thighs, around toes, under arms or anywhere chafing is a problem.
8. Talcum powder is also a good lubricant for sports people.
9. Rotate your sports. Try one type of sport, for example, walking, for a while. Whenever the chafing becomes uncomfortable, change your activity to swimming or bicycling until the chafing has healed. Keep rotating your sports as the cross training benefits all of your body.
10. Lose some weight. The excess fat is probably the reason you are chafing in the first place. Whatever you do, do not stop exercising.
Sports apparel for the youth has become a very attractive market. It seems that such sports apparel sets, especially those being worn by a number of famous sports personalities, are becoming ever more popular for more and more teenagers. Every teenager nowadays must have that popular sports jersey or jacket to wear with him when he goes to school. A teenager feels he would look cool wearing that baseball cap that features his favorite team.
With this surge of popularity, there are even a number of sports apparel designers who are trying to make sports wear even more fashionable and not just as a functional garment aim to provide comfort and sometimes enhance performance. More and more sports apparel are being designed without the dull and boring designs.
When choosing the right type of sports apparel for the youth, one should not merely focus on comfort or feel of the fabric. Teenagers are now more selective in what they wear so it is also important to be able to know the designs as well as the more popular brands and styles that appeal to them.
Only once you have an idea on what sports apparel appeals to the youth can you then concentrating on focusing on what types would be more comfortable. As a general rule of looking for comfortable sports wear, try choosing sports apparel that are made out of cotton. Cotton has proven to be an excellent fabric for sports wear because of its many wonderful properties. For one, they absorb moisture well. But today there are also more advanced technology applied to the manufacture of newer fabrics that can perform better than ordinary cotton apparel.
There are now several sports apparel choices for the youth available that are made from fabrics that are also used on professional sports apparel. These garments are made to achieve better performance through better fit and comfort as well as attractive enough to be more popular with the stylish youth.
Fashion and function are seamlessly combined in order to provide excellent apparel for the youth to use in sports as well as for fashion. For function, such garments are made with fabrics that allow sweat and bodily moisture to stay on the outer layer of the garment to maintain the feeling of dryness. Such sports apparel are made of fabrics with better breathability that helps make perspiration to evaporate faster, making the wearer feel all the more comfortable.